Saturday, September 27, 2008

Taco Cabana

I know, I know. Why am I blogging about fast food? I have a couple of answers: A) This weekend's postings are going to be fairly lame because it's the weekend of Austin City Limits, which means that we will be too exhausted from the festival to go out somewhere nice, B) Taco Cabana is the best Mexican/Tex-Mex fast food there is, and if you are new to Texas you need to be aware of this. Even if you don't like fast food and don't like Tex-Mex or Mexican food, you must do yourself a favor and order a half-dozen fresh tortillas and queso from Taco Cabana. The tortillas here are far better than what you'd find at a fancy Mexican place in some other part of the country. And the queso is just delicious. I would also like to point out that Taco Cabana has Margaritas. Are you sold yet?
Fiesta taco combo, Chimi combo, 2 apple chimis, fresh tortillas and queso: about $13 for everything. (Drinks not pictured.)

No comments: