Saturday, September 13, 2008

Roaring Fork

We decided to go to Roaring Fork for dinner, because it was right across the street from The Arthouse which we'd just visited. Austin was supposed to get "hit" by hurricane Ike today (and by hit, they mean a little wind and rain) but since the hurricane went north instead of west, we had clear weather. Which was a little disappointing cause we kinda need some rain.

Anyway... Roaring Fork is an upscale restaurant downtown, with American food and a lot of seafood.
We were there kinda early, so we started out at the bar with Roaring Fork margaritas with huckleberry swirl. $6 each.
Inside the dining room:
Ryan had Barracuda (yes, Barracuda) with Jonah Crab & Jalapenos on top and Rice Pilaf underneath. It was delicious, and definitely unique. $27.
I had the Mahi Mahi. Yes, I know the layout doesn't look very classy. That's my fault- it was supposed to come with Guacamole, since I'm allergic I had it replaced with fries. The fries were nothing to write home about but the fish was delicious, as was the rice. $23.
Creme Brulee, $7. Wow, it was delicious. I haven't had a dessert this rich in I don't know how long. It's a good thing it didn't have nutrition information on it, cause it might not have tasted as good if it had.

Website

Location

No comments: