Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mekong River

Mekong River is a small restaurant tucked between bars on 6th street. I've actually never been to a place that has both Vietnamese & Thai food in one restaurant, so I was curious.

The yam patties appetizer was delicious, they were hot & crispy and served with sweet and sour sauce. $4.50.
Ryan ordered the Mekong River bowl. I think I read somewhere that if a dish has the same name as the restaurant, you should definitely order it. Ryan was smart because his dish was amazing and mine was just so-so. $7.50
Pad Se-Ew with chicken. It was decent, but I've had better. $8.95.
We finished off our meal with fried bananas. Ate them so fast we didn't get a chance to take a picture. I have no idea if fried bananas are actually a common dish in Thailand or Vietnam, but anytime I see them on a menu I have to get them. The best dessert ever!

No comments: